Lately I’ve been finding myself pondering the deep things like, "Why do I sweat so much?" and "Why would Pepsi make ‘Throw-Back Pepsi’, it tastes awful?" and "Which bear is best?" But mostly I’ve been coming to the basic question, "What’s the Point?" While I don’t have time in this post to go into all the details and background, I will unfold that question with more questions to hopefully make it all the more confusing…
- What has God put me HERE to do, and how am I going to do ‘it’?
- If the Christian life boils down to bringing glory to God, why do I care so much about my life?
- Jesus said that we would do greater things than He did when He would heal someone, but I don’t see that I am currently doing ANYTHING, let alone doing something greater than what Jesus did.
- Why is stuff so appealing?
- Why is entertainment so consuming?
- When I’m 90 years old (like my grandpa is currently) and I look back on my life, what will be some of the things I’m glad I did, and what will I not be able to remember? (It seems like those things that I’ll never remember is exactly what I spend all my time doing….)
- Should my days be consumed with work, family, self, entertainment, and activity? (there’s nothing wrong with these… I’m not ‘sayin’, I’m just ‘sayin’…)
- Are emails, Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, texting, cell phones, and the like really the best way to communicate?
That’s where I’m coming from. More later…