Just received a long-awaited email concerning the unreached people groups that I’ll be working with as I teach Bible classes in Chad. There are students at the school representing 18 of the unreached people groups in Chad – the least evangelized country in Africa.
One of these unreached people groups that I’ll be teaching Bible to is called the Hausa People. Here’s some information on them from The Joshua Project:
What are their needs?
The Hausa culture is strongly linked to Islam, making it difficult to reach this people group with the Gospel. Islam has been carried throughout West Africa by Hausa traders and priests, and nearly everyone expects a Hausa to be Muslim. This may be one of the primary reasons they remain resistant to the Gospel.
* Ask the Lord to send long term laborers to live among the Hausa and share the love of Christ with them.
* Pray that God will raise up faithful intercessors who will stand in the gap for the Hausa.
* Ask God to strengthen, encourage, and protect the small number of Muslim Hausa who have converted to Christianity.
* Pray that their traditional Muslim culture will soften, creating open doors for the Gospel to be preached among them.
* Ask the Holy Spirit to open the hearts of the Hausa towards Christians so that they will be receptive to the Gospel.
* Pray that God will reveal Himself to them through dreams and visions.
* Ask the Lord to raise up strong local churches among the Hausa.
What an amazing opportunity to simply teach the gospel to them in a classroom each day! God is so cool!